Elmer's Approach to Investing
Unlike anything else offered by Monkey Credits, Elmer's Approach to Investing is a fictional story that follows 4 golfers and a caddie through 18 holes of golf and introduces a new topic on each hole.
For those who know very little about golf, not to worry, we cover the basics as we move along. The content remains largely focused on investing, it's simply presented in a more engaging manner.
Throughout the round, we cover the following topics:
- Hole 1 - The Importance of the Entry Point and Dividends
- Hole 2 - Which Stocks Make up out Investment Universe
- Hole 3 - Porter's 5 Forces
- Hole 4 - Why we Prefer Value Investing to Growth Investing
- Hole 5 - Measuring Returns Net of Risk
- Hole 6 - Cyclical and Defensive Investments
- Hole 7 - Returning Capital to Shareholders: Dividends and Buybacks
- Hole 8 - Valuing Stocks
- Hole 9 - Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Hole 10 - Financial Statements
- Hole 11 - Real Estate
- Hole 12 - Cyclical Change
- Hole 13 - Economic and Market Cycles
- Hole 14 - The Dupont Model
- Hole 15 - Options and Short Selling
- Hole 16 - When to Sell Out of an Investment
- Hole 17 - Paying Taxes
- Hole 18 - Registered Plans
In order to receive CE credits, you will need to receive a mark of 12 out of 20 or higher on the final quiz. This course qualifies for the following continuing education (CE) credits:
FP Canada: 15.0 hours (Financial Planning Category).
IIROC Cycle 8: PD Category, 8.0 hours.
IAFE: 15.0 hours accredited by The Institute.